JPS Australia

News -

Billy Graham Crusade 1979

Conservative protestant evangelist, Billy Graham, was in Sydney in April 1979 to present one of his crusades. These were big outdoor shows, attended by tens of thousands of people.

Jands provided sound, lighting and the outdoor roof for the event.

Date

20/5/1979 Randwick racecourse

9 responses to “Billy Graham Crusade 1979”

1. Heath Jefferis says:

Oh wow – now THAT’s a crowd! You don’t see that every day…

2. Peter Arena says:

I was one of the first to go forward in that crowd.
    I didnt walk I ran from up in the stands, I couldnt wait to get to the front!
    Is there any way that I could get a copy of the crusade footage if there is any ???
    There has been quite a stoy tom my life since then.
    Bless you Peter A

3. James says:

I was 11 years old. (Saturday 20th of May,1979).
    I was invited onto that very platform by Billy Graham and led to the Lord, along with the faithful thousands on that great day.
    He told the man who was about to pray for me at the front of the stage, “To suffer the little Children to come unto me”
    and was led up the stairs you can see, left of the stage.

I remember it, like it was yesterday, standing in front of him, every time he spoke over the microphone I could hear the delay of his voice echoing over the massive speakers it was an amazing experience.
    Could you supply more pictures, I too would love a copy of the crusade footage.
    Kind regards
    James

4. SueS says:

I was an interpreter for Indonesian, at the Crusade. My boyfriend (now husband), Roy Scarcella, was an interpreter for Italian. It was the most amazing event. I still cannot believe I had the great honour to be part of it.

5. Fay Barker says:

I watched on TV and wanted to be there. I came to Christ in April 1981 I Dandenong Melbourne because I could not let go of the desire I had to go forward and give my life to God, even through I wasn’t there.

6. Elissa Swavley says:

I was there as an 11 year old travelling down from the Blue Mountains along with parents and grandparents. to this day I remember it. Praise God. The atmosphere was electric and I am so thankful we all were there. it’s great to read the comments from others.

7. Anonymous says:

I was there and it was a fantastic feeling

8. Maggie says:

I was there too that day.The holy spirit touched me that day as I walked to the front to give my life to Christ.A very special day.Thank you Billy Graham for bring Jesus into my life.

9. Cheryle Bird says:

I gave my heart to the Lord at that crusade too. I always remember the feeling of knowing that I had to step out. Looking at this picture I’m so thankful for my parents who encouraged me to go with them to this life changing event. Forever thankful!!!